James Swanwick is an ESPN anchor on SportsCenter and creator of a blue light blocking invention known as Swannies. In this episode, James discusses not only the effects of artificial blue light and optimizing sleep, he also touches on alcohol causing revenue loss.
Timestamped Show Notes:
[2:50] Where Health Meets Style
[4:05] Executing On An Idea And Making It Successful
[7:20] Drinking Alcohol Is Losing You Revenue
[13:25] Tracking And Improving Sleep
[20:42] Most Efficient And Effective Use Of Swannies
[25:00] Optimizing Your Sleep
[28:49] Getting Traction And Becoming A Household Name
[34:37] Controlling Your Social Environment Is Key To The Success Of Quitting Alcohol
[39:45] Formula To Build Relationship Equity
[46:04] Final Thoughts
- Just one glass of alcohol is likely costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue by the toxins losing you sleep and causing you to be even just a little bit irritable in the morning.
- You can use an Aura ring or some type of app to track your sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning expose yourself to as much natural sunlight as possible causing your internal clock to realize it’s time to wake up. And block as much artificial light at night.
- Exercising in the morning helps optimize sleep.
- Do the daily 20 every morning to get your day started with gratitude and happiness.
- Get on bigger platforms and make your product fun to get traction.
- Your social environment is the key to quitting alcohol. You can still socialize and network with other people while being the most personable and fun without the use of alcohol.