Bill Moses is a beverage industry veteran that has accrued 25+ years of business and finance experience. He is the co-founder of KeVita Probiotic Drinks which he then sold to PepsiCo. He is now the founder & CEO of Flying Embers, an adaptogenic organic hard kombucha, fermented alcohol (4.5% ABV) beverage line. Listen to the tips and tricks he used to excel in the industry.
Timestamped Show Notes:
[:57] Commiting And Sticking To The Industry
[4:00] Education And Network Leading To Success
[7:00] Pivoting From A Failing Idea/Product
[9:50] Micro Market Research For Taste And Flavor
[12:00] Find The Ideal Group Of People For Feedback
[13:00] Optimizing Online And Offline Marketing And Sales
[19:00] Using Influencers For Honest Reviews
[21:00] Steps To Go From Idea To Sale
[22:30] Preparing From The Exit Of Kevita
[25:00] Positioning As Unique For Flying Embers
[31:00] Benefitting From Alcohol
- It all starts with a great product and a vision. It’s all about trial and tribulation
- Find a great salesperson in the industry your in, that understands the different hurdles and barriers to entry to get on shelves.
- Makes sure to market where people are looking.
- Use your resources to help get your brand out there. For example, influencers have a huge impact.
- Find a way to get on shelves as quickly as possible in your local market.