Today Nicholas shares an exclusive sneak peek of a training by Jim Kwik from The Billion Dollar Brotherhood. Jim Kwik is the worlds #1 memory expert, he teaches some of the top people in the world how to learn faster, retain more information, and have better quality lives because of their memory health. Jim gives us 10 items that we can use to improve our memory and lives.
Timestamped show notes:
- [ 1:23 ] Discipline = Freedom
- [ 2:01 ] How the Human Mind Learns
- [ 6:38 ] Focus
- [ 8:15 ] Brain Food
- [ 11:15 ] ANTs and Exercise
- [13:23 ] Mirror Neurons
- Surround yourself with thermostats rather than thermometers. Thermometers reacts to the environment, they reflect the temperature of the room whereas thermostats set the temperature, they set the standard for the environment to adhere to.
- Increase Intake of Good Brain Food: avocado, blueberries, broccoli, coconut oil, eggs, green leafy veggies, wild salmon, turmeric (lowers inflammation), walnuts, dark chocolate (good for focus and mood).
- Kill Automatic Negative Thoughts: You are what you eat, you are what you think. Where is the gift in this? Find your dominant question or sentence. You are thinking of a question, but there is a primary question underlying.
- Exercise: As your body moves, your brain grooves. Your body affects your mind. More physically active, the better your brain will work.
- Supplement Brain Nutrients: Omegas, B Vitamins etc. Take supplements based on what you need.
- Find Positive Peer Group: You are the average of the 5 people you spend time with. Not just your biological networks, it’s your social networks. Be around people that inspire, not nice but genuinely kind.
Below is a short video clip of the interview
Thanks for listening,