An interesting subject in the health world. Some say it’s going to kill you and some say you can drink in moderation.
I personally believe in moderation. Now for those of you who hate alcohol, congrats.
For my clients and I, we go to a lot of social gatherings and business dinners. Occasional drinking is a part of life but it should not be a daily thing.
Drinking 2-3 drinks a week isn’t bad, it’s when you are drinking everyday or for some… Drinking 2-3 drinks a night (that’s not social, that’s excessive)
However this blog isn’t to condemn you for drinking but to rather give you healthier options to drink.
Even though I don’t drink much, I choose these types of cocktails when I go out.
- They taste great
- They are lower in sugar so I’m not completely falling off the wagon
- You can find them at any bar
So the next time your waiter or bartender asks you, “Sir what would you like to drink?” , you have a healthier option that has the same amount of alcohol, minus the sugar.
Billion Dollar Body Margarita
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons 100% pure cherry juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 oz club soda
- Garnish with lime slice
- To prepare the limeade, pour fresh squeezed lime juice through a strainer. Mix with water until dissolved.
- In a small pitcher combine 1/3 cup limeade, cherry juice, and tequila. Stir to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice about 2/3 full. Top with club soda. Garnish with lime slices.
Billion Dollar Body Vodka
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 oz ginger beer
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 squeezed lemon
- club soda
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Throw in a handful of mint leaves
- Add in 3 ice cubes
- Pour in the vodka, ginger beer, and fill up the rest with club soda
- Serve with a stirring rod
Billion Dollar Body Whiskey
- 3 dashes bitters, Angostura is common
- 2 ounces mid-range bourbon or rye whiskey
- 3-inch piece of orange peel
- Orange zest
- Place bitters and the whiskey in an Old Fashioned glass, stir well
- Add 2 large ice cubes. Stir 2 to 3 times to chill
- Grab a peeler to zest the orange peel and then garnish
Now when it comes to other drinks here is my rule of thumb..
If you’re a beer man–> Drink Guinness OR look for a local/organic beer, maybe even a gluten free one if it’s on the menu.
If you’re a wine man–> Drink Pinot Noir if you want a red or a Pinot Grigio for a white wine.
So there you have it, 3 cocktails you can order that are on the healthier side. Try these cocktails out next time and make sure to tag @thebilliondollarbody on Facebook and Instagram.
If you enjoyed this blog please share it out. This tells me that you are liking the content.
Cheers to looking and feeling like a billion bucks,
PS: One of the reasons you won’t see me drinking beer is because of the estrogenic properties (which lowers testosterone). If you want to get my free 5 Ways To Boost Testosterone Checklist, Click Here