Today on the podcast we have Dr. Anthony Jay. In this episode we talk about head injuries (it will look like Alzheimers in the brain), estrogenic products, and testosterone. He dives deep into estrogen, which is a sex hormone that binds to receptors in your body..
Men have a natural 20ng/l , woman have a range between 20-400 ng/l of estrogen in their body.
Who is Dr. Jay??
He earned a B.A. with a double major in Biology and Theology from Ave Maria University in Naples, Florida, where he researched inhibitors of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). After college, he continued to work with virus (lentivirus) in the context of brain disease for the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Next, Dr. Jay earned his Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Boston University School of Medicine, researching fats, hormones, and cholesterol, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Signs your have high estrogen:
- Man boobs
- Fat gain
- Immune system disfunction
So what are some high estrogen prodcucts??
1. Phytoestrogens- Soy and Flax are so extremely high in estrogen. Stay away from these.
2. Lavender has been shown to increase estrogen (Tip: men don’t put lavender essential oils on your skin)
3. Mycoestrogen- mold products increase estrogen, you will find it in a lot of grains here in america. Check if you house has mold , black mold is extremely toxic.
In America we don’t regulate the mycoestrogens in our food but Europe does. What they feed cattle in America is terrible. You always want to make sure the beef is grass fed and organic, chicken organic and free range.
4. Atrazine which is an Herbacide- which are sprayed on grains. Note that this too is illegal in Europe
5. Artificial colors- Red 40, Red 3 (in europe they put a warning on the bottle if it has red 40)
6. Triclosan- it will be illegal next year (Most soap companies use it). Only use all natural soaps- Hormones go through your skin. Whatever you put on your skin you will absorb.
7. Benzophenone & 4-methylbenzylidene camphor which is in sunscreens. Make sure to use all natural zinc sunscreen . These chemicals are also are illegal in Europe
8. Parabens- these are labeled as fragrance in products.
8. Phtallets and BPA- found in plastics . Look on the recyclable – 2,4, 5. Don’t store your oils in plastic from your essential oils to your cooking oils like coconut, olive oil. Also don’t store your food in plastic, get glass, and get a glass water bottle.
9. 7α-ethinylestradiol- This is found in birth control which is now being found is the water system, mainly in big cities that don’t have good water filtration systems.
Some tips to ridding your body currently of estrogenic hormones is by taking activated charcoal.
Dr. Anthony Jay gave us some lifestyle tips as well from what to eat, where we should we get our water from, and so much more.
This podcast will rock your world.
Also a HUGE shoutout to our sponsor Organifi. Taking this green juice has become a daily habit so it decreases my cortisol levels, increases my energy, and helps me detox naturally. Use code BDB20 for 20% here. http://www.organifi.com
Make sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and share it out if you enjoyed it.